I submitted my Thesis | Master Journey #14




Assalamualaikum








I finished it. I (finally), did it. 


It took me roughly 8-10 months to finish writing my thesis. I have felt motivated, I also have felt demotivated and ended up watching Youtube for music, entertainment, and food for weeks. People said they felt like "throwing up" when they got research overdose.  I got "amnesia". 


I reread the thesis. Truthfully, there is still room for improvement. But I did the best that I can in my current condition. I want to be the best but ended up just over average. I proofread my thesis using Grammarly plug-in for Microsoft. Turn out I was forgetful writing article "a" or "the" in most of the nouns. Malaysia doesn't have that translation for these articles. My university allows for English Proofreading Services. I have made a series of careless mistakes before - wrong examiner's name, misspelt bacteria name etc. It was a very ugly experience.. I don't want to experience it again. Shoo shoo. Pergi jauh-jauh


My Universiti deadline for thesis submission is 10 February 2020. What happened if I submit AFTER the deadline? I have to pay the full fee for the next semester, which costs about 482USD (RM 2000). Sis, I'm not going to pay that when I can just pay 98 USD (RM400). My mom asked, why I need to register for 5th semester when I already completed my research...

"Mom, I need to do the viva💁‍♀️



Printing and Binding


I printed myself. You can do it at any printing shop if you have money but don't have a printer. My Supervisor was not happy with the picture quality, but the quality will be better for hardbound printing using a laser printer, So I could care less. There is no format applicable for the first thesis submission for viva. But I do advice;


              Times new roman, 12 pt
              Double spacing
              Either one page or both page printed


The formatting could mess up your mind. Once you make a new correction, all the paragraph, tables and figures were misplaced. Then you have to edit the page number (in case you do a manual table of content). Then you got frustrated...Then you fed up😠. Since the final hardbound thesis format will be completely different because the final one will be in B5 layout with meticulous guidelines for formatting. I'll talk that later when the time comes for me to do final hardbound. One store near UPM offers the formatting service for final thesis hardbound, I will reconsider.


After printing, binding. There is one shop at Cyberjaya that has been my favourite, very cheap and offers various services. ArchPrint, 24 hours. A tape binding with plastic cover - total RM9/ 3 copies. 






The price list


My 190 pages thesis

Thesis Preparation



Checklist for thesis submission;





Check plagiarism early. I forgot to exclude figures and tables, so, the similarity is little higher.



*GS15a form. Get your SV committee and deputy dean signature.






I do encourage students to finish this preparation at least a week before the intended submission. I don't like to do a last-minute job, but sometimes the universe doesn't comply with your needs...haha. But Allah helped me today, and I'm grateful for that...ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᴵ ᵍᵒᵗ ˢᵖˡᵃˢʰᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵃ ᵈʳᶦᵛᶦⁿᵍ ᶜᵃʳ.  



Submit Thesis


I was crazily nervous the night before. I felt like I will be having an exam. 






The time due was 4pm. I arrived at the office just before the lunch break, it was crowded with newly registered International students and also people like me - to submit thesis. No worries, we all have our designated counters. So, no long queue. The moment the officer approved my submission - Ya Allah..leganyaaaaaaaaaa. 



I would like to thank many people who help me today. Kak Tini, yang rajin layan kerenah Ema with her utterly massive patience. Deputy Dean, for signing my form. Dr K, again for signing my form. Dr N for signing my form and help me to track Deputy Dean. OHH!! And the famous friendly security guard in UPM who shouted at me while I was running in the middle of the road - just to say "Selamat Pagi!" 😂😂..I shouted back "Selamat Pagi!!



The After-Party






Just treat yourself.


I will cook on my own next time..



My plan after this?



I'm writing a review article, got a hospital appointment this March, will do some travelling too, Insha-Allah .. I will be staying at Kampung to prepare for mock viva and the real big boss - Viva.



Those who don't have a dream. It's okay. If you don't have a dream, you just have to be happy


No comments:

Saya komen

Powered by Blogger.